A History of Success
Courtesy Cleaners was founded in 1995 by Peter Baffoni and Edmund Ricci. The initial site– located on Post Road in Warwick–included a retail store and a 5,000-square-foot state-of-the-art manufacturing center. A year after opening for business, Courtesy Cleaners’ manufacturing plant was recognized as one of the most advanced facilities in the nation and received a Merit Award for Design from national trade magazine American Drycleaner.
In 2003, David Gianfrancesco became a partner and joined the executive team, taking charge of manufacturing operations. Because of his leadership and the efforts of our entire staff, Courtesy Cleaners has been ranked as one of America’s Best Cleaners ™ since 2007. We are deeply honored by this recognition, which puts us in the top one percent of the country.
In 2004, Courtesy Cleaners built another state-of-the-art plant: this time, an 11,000-square- foot facility that garnered the company another Merit Award from American Drycleaner magazine.
Now there’s even more to love about your favorite dry cleaner, because we’ve gone green! An industry innovator, Courtesy is proud to be the only Rhode Island garment care company to adopt SYSTEMK4—a revolutionary, earth-friendly cleaning process. Effective Earth Day 2011, our state-of-the-art cleaning and manufacturing facility is using this halogen-free, non-toxic solvent to care for all of your fine apparel, linens, bedding and household textiles.
Demonstrated benefits include:
- Superior cleaning quality and spot removal
- Excellent Fabric results and feel
- Halogen-free ingredients
- Optimal fabric protection due to shorter cleaning cycles and reduced abrasion
Courtesy Cleaners believes in giving back to the community that has given us so much. From annual coat drives to prom dress programs, we have established a place in the community as a company making a difference.
- The Annual Courtesy Winter Coat Drive
- The Big Sister Prom Dress Challenge
- Friend of Cinderella
- Johnston Memorial Cancer Tournament
- Saint Rosa of Lima School Fundraiser
- MADD – Mother’s Against Drunk Drivers
- Rhode Island Donation Exchange Program
- St. Kevin School Annual Spring Action
- Gallagher Smithfield Middle School Band
- Holiday Coat Drive (in conjunction with Providence Monthly and Seven Stars Bakery)
- Links of Hope
- The Prout School fundraiser auction
- Boy Scouts Troop 117 of Warwick
- Annual Police Chiefs Fundraiser
- Dress for Cures
- Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Resource Foundation
- Run for Freedom
- The Groden Network – Autism Experts
- Ronald McDonald House – Providence
- St.Edwards Rood & Wellness Center
- Skate for Joy
- Cranston West Girls Cross Country Team
- Mary of Mother of Mankind Rectory
- Rhode Island Council for the Humanities